Monday, August 2, 2010

Tool 2 (Post in My Blog - PLN)

This is a response to Personal Learning Networks.

1. My thoughts in regards to building an online education community is the challenge of finding other people interested in the same topics that you are. It is not impossible, but it requires a lot of advertising from our part to get the community growing. When it comes to students, this would be much easier as you will direct them to follow and be part or your PLN.

2. The point that stood out to me from the commenting advice was that young people are already part of this online interactivity via facebook, my space, blogger, etc. Our role as educators is to build on top of that social network and funnel those already acquired skills into a learning network.

3. Five blogs I selected for my comments are: Mrs. Alvarado's Blog 1 (Westwood), Armando Arias, Kindergarten at SOE, Joy into Teaching, Elementary Education (Shadow Oaks).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carlos. Yes, I agree with you about the challenge of finding others who are interested in the same topics you're interested in. I think we just need to make sure that our posts/comments are open ended and meaningful to other people. If they are, it shouldn't be difficult to attract conversations even if the topic is not their cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete